NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help! Replacement pillar / mount locknut for TAL 2M needed

jamespels

Hi all,

On the top of the TAL 2M pillar are three thumb-screws that lock the mount in position. These are made up of two parts - a larger diameter collar that screws into the pillar and the pointed thumb-screw itself.

One of these has been missing since I bought the scope and I have not worried about it until now but I now want to the the mount fully working again.

Any ideas where I would get a set of these (i.e. collar and thumb screw)?

Thanks,

J.

I have a TAL pillar which has a similar 'lost nut' problem. I used a short chunk of nylon bar. The outside being the right diameter to tightly screw into the pillar. The inside was threaded to suit the locking screw.

I have seen different sizes of collar/screw on diferent TAL pilaars.

Hope this helps.

Thanks both.

Andy, I have bobbed tal an email using the link online but no response yet. Will use that one you have sent me took, thanks!

David, the two threads seem to be m8 and m12. I think an M8 collar nut can just be threaded to m12 on the outsidebut have not checked this out yet. Standard m8 thumb screws will probably work for the inner but they will need to be machined to a point.

I will give the chaps at tal a shout; failing that, I'll dig a bit further into the idea of getting a set made.

Thanks again,

J.

Archived