Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Losmandy GM8

glowjet

John

I no longer have my GM8 but I did fit Losmandy encoders to it along with a Losmandy branded Sky Commander. I did the same on a G11, also now gone. I currently have a Sky Commander on my Half Hitch Alt Az mount. What is it that you want to know?

Peter

Thanks for the reply Peter, I have had a quick look at the Losmandy site and I am not quite sure what they list it under, if they still do it, they seem mostly to promote the GOTO add on. I have had a brief look at the USA CN forum and read some info on the SKY Commander, this would suit my purpose, if the company still do a kit, is this something that was difficult to fit, and where on the GM8 was it located, I would be reluctant to start drilling holes.

John.

John

There is no drilling to do, the mount will have holes for the encoders already. I see what you mean about the Losmandy site but I found them still listed at Telekop Express in Germany see:

Teleskop-Express: Astro-Shop + Fotografie + Naturbeobachtung

Here's a link to the instructions which explains it all.

http://www.losmandy.com/pdf/ldsc-manual.pdf

The final page has an image. It looks more complicated than it is, showing all the internals to the encoders. These are already assembled in the kit. The Delrin gear covers are a separate item, but are recommended to avoid cables being caught in the gears. The Sky Commander box is a separate item too. You can try astobuysell. They sometimes come up 2nd hand on the US Astromart too.

Peter

Archived