My first Telescope + Accessories

Hello!

I have been interested in the night sky for a while now and have finally decided that I would like to buy a telescope for under £260 including extras. I have made up a list of bits for your approval because this site seems like a friendly place to be! I would like to know whether I have got any of it right :glasses2:

TS-Optics Achromatic Barlow lens 2x

Skywatcher Explorer 130P

Meade 5000 Series 14mm Super Plossl Eyepiece 1.25"

Celestron Moon Filter

Thank you in advance!

I would say that's a well thought out package especially the e/p and barlow:icon_salut:. personally I would get a skywatcher 150 dob - bigger, easier to use and less faff to set up but OTOH won't track so easily at high powers and won't be able to add a motor to it to track automatically.

See that everything is from Amazon, any reason?

Depending on your location there may be a retailer reasonable close. Have you looked at the various astro retailers?

Would tend to agree that the 150 would serve you longer, my preference being the 150PL, simple a little less critical in general use.

One point is you will need a collimator to maintain collimation. This is more critical on the f/5's, part of thereason for the PL but that is only in the 150 dia options.

Wondering if you need a moon filter, I had thought that the scope came with a small aperture in the from cover that reduced the light for things like the moon. No harm having one.

hi from me sounds great for you first scope you in for a great time with the hobby,can you not try a astro shop or flo i like to deal with people and not places like amazon unless you have rang the person selling the stuff ,i like your choice a friend as the same scope and its a nice scope

Archived