NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Filters for modded Dslr

spacebloke

Hello,

Now I've had my dslr modded and I've got my SW80ED ds-pro with focal reducer I'm ready for some serious imaging.

I've bought a Ha eos clip filter (mainly for NGC700o which is a particular favorite of mine), but I'm unsure what other filters I should be looking at (light pollution and UHC etc).

Would someone be able to recommend any suitable filters?

Cheers, Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I have the following Astronomik clip in filters - CLS, UHC and Ha (12nm) - I have to say that the CLS is THE most used and the one I couldn't do without. Fantastic for getting rid of that light pollution. The UHC I've not even tried yet. Each time I tried, just nothing went right. I hope to have a go with it soon. Ha is fun, I like the results, but focusing is just so difficult!

If its had filter replacement you can get away with the cheaper standard CLS (non CCD) I use the CCD version as one of my camera if full spectrum so I need to take care of the UV/IR somewhere...

I personally prefer the IDAS P2 filters which I use in 2" and MFA (internal slimline 1.25") format so the CLS-CCD has been relegated to the third body...

For Ha I use a 2" Baader Palnetarium 30/35nm filter.. although i have fancied getting something narrower but couldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...

Peter...

Archived