New member looking for advice!

Hello I am new to this forum, and have just purchased my first scope, a Skywatcher skymax 127 Goto.

I have sourced a Heater controller, and wondered which are the best priced dew heater strips? and this may be a very silly question?! But where do you fir the heater strips on the scope?

Is there an adaptor to convert car cigarrette socket to a mains plug?

Thanks for reading,

Hello and welcome to the forum. Try First light optivs for Dew heater strips, not sure on prices but there is a link right at the very top of this page. The dew strip wants to be positioned on the outside of the scope tube and roughly in line where the glass lens is positioned internally.

Welcome.... I have a Maplin 2 into 1 powertank to drive my scope and am considering getting a dew heater at some point. I currently have a dew zapper, but as winter moves closer then a dew heater will be a very useful tool. The Maplin powertank only has one power input however, so you will need to get a splitter so you can run the scope and the heater together.

Hello I am new to this forum, and have just purchased my first scope, a Skywatcher skymax 127 Goto.

I have sourced a Heater controller, and wondered which are the best priced dew heater strips? and this may be a very silly question?! But where do you fir the heater strips on the scope?

Is there an adaptor to convert car cigarrette socket to a mains plug?

Thanks for reading,

hi there i used to own a 127 mak , was a great scope ,wish i had not sold it , i would not bother with a dew heater , just make a shield out of cardboard or a camping mat ect , i stay in sw scotland where it is wet and cold and i never had any probs with dew after iu made the sheild , keep your pennies for somthing else !!

On the question of a dew strip, I would certainly recommend the 'Dew-Not' range here that are made in USA and in stead of a heating element they use a gel instead. Makes for a more even coverage of heat and more importantly, uses less energy from your power tank so you can experience longer viewing sessions. A dew shield will work as an effective barrier but if you are outside for long periods then a dew heater will be necessary.

Hope that helps

James

Archived