Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TAL 2M

Stephen

When I was young, my parents bought me a telescope for christmas one year. It was one of those little Tasco 40mm refractors you often see in supermarkets or the Argos catalogue, and to be honest I spent more time looking across the valley behind our house with the terrestrial eyepiece! More recently I was reading an issue of 'Focus' magazine when on holiday and a spacey-themed article (combined with adverts in the back for nice telescopes!) sparked my interest again, and I decided to get back into star gazing. After doing some research, I ended up going for a TAL 2M Reflecting Telescope. It has a 6" mirror, and comes with an equatorial mount motorized in one axis.The TAL doesn't have the same modern polished look and go-to facility of the Meade and Celestron offerings, but the general consensus was that the image quality was excellent for the cost.

Archived