Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First fun with Jupiter!

Karlos

Last night I was out admiring the Pleiades now they back in view in my garden and thought I would give some afocal imaging of Jupiter a blast! With my make shift camera stand and digital camera (and scope listed below) got about 11 seconds of video approx 300-400 frames. Used registax got about 60 useful frames out of it, I will start using video from now I think, as single shots of the moon have been a pain with registax to align. Anyhow, I put the video in and alignment worked as I would have liked and I got this, I turned up the contrast a little but none the less, reflects what I see visually in the scope so couldn't be happier :( Any tips for registax? I use it only for stacking then editing I do in GIMP.

post-25468-133877657274_thumb.jpg

You can expect better results. Keeping the image stable and capturing 1000s of frames will produce more detail. Learning everything you can about Registax really helps with this as well in the processing. I suggest getting a barlow lens as well, it helps me with my planetary imaging. I use a 750mm reflector, which isnt ideal for planetary imaging, but I get descent results. Here is an example.

post-25769-133877657325_thumb.jpg

Archived