NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

second attempt at jupiter

Mike Hackenbacker

I'm unsure what scope you used as I can't see your sig but you should have a look at buying a Philips SPC900NC from Morgans for around £40. You get the webcam, filter, adapter and the webcam to be flashed. With the webcam you record a AVI of the planet and you get say 2000 frames. You then use them in Registax and they are stacked to make a final image with more detail. It might sound confusing but hopefully someone will come and explain better :)

this was my very first avi of jupiter using the spc900 webcam and stacked using registax,i think its quite clear for my first attempt

i used a 2x barlow and a baader ir/uv cut filter and used sharpcap 1000 frames at 10fps.

Capture24_08_201100_12_21.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Thought I would throw in my first attempt of Jupiter, have to say yours seem somewhat clearer than mine and shot using similar methods(2" 2xbarlow with baader IR cut)with a modified SPC900nc(lx and amp off)particularly yours Simms. I think I was a little out of focus and maybe some settings on wxastrocapture not correct but not sure what, maybe someone can shine some light on it. Thanks peeps.

post-24251-133877661902_thumb.jpg

Archived