NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

D'oh

Ben Ritchie

Ah, the frustrations of buying new kit. Exploring video astronomy, and after a flurry of ebay buying five packages arrived today with a Samsung SCB-2000 camera, power supply and lots of cables and converters to pipe the output into my laptop. Somewhat remarkably four ebay sellers managed to time things perfectly.

But my C-to-1.25" adapter hasn't turned up! Argh. Blue sky, almost ready to roll, and I can't connect the darn thing to the 'scope - the normally-infallible FLO have been let down by the postie. And to save a few quid I skimped on the widefield lens that could at least let me play with it as an all-sky camera...

If it doesn't arrive in tomorrows post let us know Ben and we'll get another out to you. :)

James

Thanks James, but no need - not a fault of you guys, I got a shipped notification two days ago right after ordering. Post is just being slow and will get here eventually.

Builds patience, this hobby, otherwise you'd go nuts with it all :(

• 1 year later...

Hi guys I just bought the Samsung SCB-2000 of ebay, it arrived today. Ive got it on Tripod and a RCA Video digial cord plugged into a male to female BNC, the only problem is how do I power this thing up ? It never came with any power pack or anything. Just camera and lens, and bought the RCA Video digial cord seprately and the make to female bnc adapter.

Any suggestions ?

I want to use this camera to sky watch and capture UFOs, for know.

I want to be able to connect this camera to my laptop. Can you anyone fill me in on what I may need to finish the set up.

I know I need power pack, but kind and is there portable ?

and what video recording software should I get and where to capture the video images through the laptop and finally what adapter will I need to plug the digial rca to laptop.

Thanks

Archived