Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the Kson eklipse advanced goto mount

garethmob

Hi Guys and gals

Thanks to the info received My mate has been able to resolve the issue so i thought i would post the outcome for any future issues people have along the same lines.

Bob had a good look at the mount this morning, and with some difficulty and using a puller managed to separate the dovetail section from the boss attached to the worm drive.

The internal surfaces were completely dry and had picked up badly effectively amalgamating them together, probably exacerbated by someone trying to move them.

He cleaned and removed the burrs and polished the surfaces etc and it now appears to be OK.

It definitely needs some form of lubrication, he says from past experience that close fitting dry aluminium surfaces will pick up given the slightest excuse!!.

A very thin smear of silicone seems to do the trick.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i spoke to the owner of that shop a while ago when i was trying to source a tripod for mine, (he has a ebay shop) he said to me they dont sell many so he dosent have many in stock at any time

whats supprised me is that this mount hasnt taken off. it is a really really good mount

Gaz, great post and pics.

I was lucky enough to pick a used mount and 133mm scope from someone I know ... the unit is in very good shape and seems to work well. Only issue is that user manual was missing and since I am pretty new at this hobby, I am really trying to get one so I can read up on all the bells and whistles. Tried to get it online from Kson but my virus firewall is preventing me to do it...frustrating. Any chance I can get a copy of your user manual ? Best-:)

mark

Los Gatos CA

• 3 weeks later...
Hi , Are any of those Kson mounts under your desk for sale Psychobilly? I would be interested if one was. Thanks, Newby

Unfortunately not...

and thats not just because there is buy and sell section...

They were in work for a bit of fettling...

I have one tripod for them and one of them is a bit noiser than the other... Seeing as theres no UK dealer for them the other ones for spares...

Peter...

• 4 months later...

Hi Gareth.

I have just been given a second hand Kson Eklipse mount to play with, but the software driver disk was not included. Wonder if you have a disk supplied

with your mount and if it would be possible to ask you for a cpi of that disk.

Tks in anticipation of you reply.

Rob Lang.

Archived