Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 250mm Quattro f4 CF have arrived

FLO

Thanks Macavity. Very interesting. Though I do have a query. Obviously the Quattro is a "quicker" scope than the 200pds though im assuming I could get the same quality photos from the 200pds (which may take longer than the quattro in terms of Exp time). If this is the case then as and all rounder I should stick to the 200pds I guess (viewing advantages and less maintenance). I also use an extension on occasions (40mm ep) to to photos of wider views with my DSLR, if the Quattro suffers with such ep's would this effect my photos by this method? I must admit im still half tempted based on the fact its a smaller scope and presumably the CF version would be lighter than my 200pds, but im now getting greedy and thinking of both as santa is due shortly and i have been a good boy this year! :).

As a final point i note that you stated you have succesfully used the quattro for video which seems to go against the grain on what some people are suggesting. As i use this method more often than not for viewing in LE mode that would be a major advantage.

Thanks again for your details on this scope, mmmmmm thinking time.

Rich T

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived