NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New EQ5 polar scope.. how do I set it?

Rob

Sorry to make things a little more clear.. re the drawing attached, there are 2 ringed areas.. both have a screw. Which is the one to rotate the etching in the polar scope please?.

post-12654-133877651891_thumb.jpg

Right.. small issue here. the GPe does not have setting circles??. The old style polar scope for EQ5 used to just have a cross hair for pointing. But because the new HM5 edition has the etched diagram which is in effect a HEQ5 polar scope. I thought I may have to rotate the etching inside the polar scope to set it for the time of year (big dipper location). So i'm also taking it for red that its the small screw on the ring with the small white line (the setting ring) that I need to losen to rotate it??.

• 3 years later...

Right.. small issue here. the GPe does not have setting circles??. The old style polar scope for EQ5 used to just have a cross hair for pointing. But because the new HM5 edition has the etched diagram which is in effect a HEQ5 polar scope. I thought I may have to rotate the etching inside the polar scope to set it for the time of year (big dipper location). So i'm also taking it for red that its the small screw on the ring with the small white line (the setting ring) that I need to losen to rotate it??.

sorry to drag this old post up, but im having exactly the same problem. I have a second hand EQ5 synscan (black mount) with a upgraded polar scope. As far as I can tell its just been screwed in to the mount. I have collimated the polar scope to the RA axis and the reticule is rotating spot on, but how do I align it so it represents what I should see when trying to polar align? please bear in mind that the eq5 time/date setting circles are next to no good. I am having lots of problems trying to get a good polar alignment

Archived