NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Its a beast this Saturn

CELESCOPE

Keep trying this darn Planet , waiting for good seeing ,it was fairly still last night , just a slight breeze , which i know is not good , but the detail once again is awful, can normally see cassini ok , but last night it showed itself for a while and that was it , still we will keep at it , not really doing much Planet work, was wondering if the bright moon would have anything to do with washing out detail , maybe maybe not , will have to wait and see when its gone

Rog

1300 frames and still Carb

image.jpg

For the first time I had a go at Saturn a few nights ago. Seeing was steady but there was a haze.

Your image is a lot better than I managed. In the past I've been able to rely on beginner's luck, but not this time !

I'm sure you'll get there soon Rog.

8)

MD

Rog I am amazed that you can get stunning images of objects silly miles away..... but seem to struggle with things in our backyard. Just goes to show what a wonderful hobby this is and that there is always a challenge, no matter what your level is.

Still a great image though :D

At least your getting out Rog.

There is so much muck in the air above me that i dont even bother getting the scope out at the moment !!!

At least we know that we will get a nice clear still night when we can get some good data soon i hope.

Chubs , Planets are,nt that easy , getting an image is not hard , but getting that detail is darn hard , we rely on perfect seeing conditions ,and that can mean so many factors that creep in to spoil such data, doing DSO work is still hard but being over longer exposures does help, nebula can be sort ok , Galaxies however once again do need fairly good seeing, so for me , i go mainly for DSO nebula work, more to get and far more interesting, it can be a very long wait for Planets with under par results,but i shall still try and one night will get that perfect few mins

Rog

Archived