Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

314L Dark Frame Check?

My shiny new (S/H) toy arrived today, there was much rejoicing to say the least :)

It's red! And shiny! Did I mention it was shiny? :icon_scratch:

Whilst I appreciated the need for darks frames is almost removed with this CCD, I wanted to effectively check the sensor over anyway.

Could anyone give their opinion of this dark frame and reassure me that there aren't too many hot pixels? (I can provide fits if needed.)

Thanks!

post-23057-13387765096_thumb.jpg

What was the set temperature?

That I can't tell you I'm afraid (unless I can determine it from the fits?)

It's not the set point version, but I had it running (fan blowing) for about 10 minutes before I took the exposure. It was chilly to the touch :)

That's pretty warm. Knock off 10 degrees for being outside and I think you'd be quieter.

Harry Page is a great advocate of dithered guiding and sigma reject stacking to do away with hot and dead pixels. A hot pixel filter at stacking is all I do, being a simple minded soul. (Plus darks, that is.) I'm not using this chip any more but Rob is and will have his eye in on it.

Olly

Oops, crossed in the post. It looked fine to me too but, as I said, I'm rusty.

Archived