Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OSC bias and darks

Hi all.

I recently acquired a 'One Shot Colour (OSC)' CCD and was wondering about calibration frames.

I need to subtract bias from my flats before applying them.

Do I apply a boxcar filter to the bias subs to remove the bayer matrix before combining them into my master bias?

Do I do the same with my darks?

Thanks in anticipation.

Rob

Thanks Harry.

Does that mean that I debayer the bias and dark subs before stacking them?

Do I apply the boxcar filter to the individual flat subs, or to the stacked master flat?

Rob

I agree with Harry, apply the boxcar to the flats only and use a Median stack for the FLATS and an average for the BIAS. You won't need DARKS for the M25C IMHO.

Does that mean that I debayer the bias and dark subs before stacking them?

Do I apply the boxcar filter to the individual flat subs, or to the stacked master flat?

Maxim will do all this for you automatically when it produces the Master BIAS and Master FLAT frames in the 'Set Calibration' routine.

All calibration is carried out prior to debayering , and you do not debayer the darks or bias but debayer the flats , the boxcar filter destroys the colour data

Here how I do it in AA4

http://www.harrysastroshed.com/AA4flat.html

I prefer to make individial master frames

P.s.

Slight change of heart I can not remember if you need to debayer the flat or as in AA4/5 the filter just destroys the bayer pattern

Slight change of heart I can not remember if you need to debayer the flat or as in AA4/5 the filter just destroys the bayer pattern

It isn't necessary to de-Bayer the Flat separately , the boxcar filter effectively does this for you.

Archived