Is it worth it?

I have come to compare the Skywatcher Skyliner and Explorer 200p (Explorer EQ5 Mount).

I want to take images for my own pleasure but is it worth getting a mount. What would I need to make the dobsonian fit on an cheap EQ mount and is there any tutorials?

Ignore the signature for this! Many thanks,

would need 2 tube rings and a dovetail bar which will attach the ota to an eq mount.

an eq3-2 would not handle the 200, she is a big heavy beast! eq5 minimum and thats just for lunar/planetary webcam imaging.

why are you comparing them, are you about to buy one or the other and wondering if the extra cost is worth it?

would need 2 tube rings and a dovetail bar which will attach the ota to an eq mount.

an eq3-2 would not handle the 200, she is a big heavy beast! eq5 minimum and thats just for lunar/planetary webcam imaging.

why are you comparing them, are you about to buy one or the other and wondering if the extra cost is worth it?

Yes I am

well....... that £119 is worth it for a eq mount

First Light Optics - Skywatcher EQ5 Deluxe

£229

and the explorer does have the tube rings

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Telescope Tube Rings

£39.75

polar scope : £32

dovetail

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/skywatcher-dovetail-mounting-plates.html

£15.30

so tha comes to roughly £205

does the eq5 come with motors? if so, then its even more worth getting it for 120 more. but as gareth pointed out, youre getting at least 200 quids worth of gear for 120. AND it will allow you to image the planets and the moon and possible some dso's

another thing u could do is get the dob, and keep an eye on the S/H heq5 mounts and jsut buy the extras as u go!

Yeah inthink I'll eventually get the EQ5 + Accesories. Thanks for the advice and things I would need.

Many many thanks,

Archived