NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader RGB and IR Cut set

TheThing

I'm patiently waiting on a mono webcam - a modified SPC900.

I realise to get colour images of Jupiter etc I need to image in RGB and combine the results.

fLO do a Baader set with an IR cut for £73 as a 'starter' set. Has anyone used these? Are they any good? I'm on a limited budget.

Thanks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They do work. I had them some time ago. Slightly more expensive are QHY/IKI LRGB dichroic filters - those are "true" LRGB filters, and not a set of colored glass filters and could perform even better.

Found some on the 'Modern Astronomy' website for £90. That does seem a good price. :)

They are not parfocal by any chance? Doesn't seem to be any info about them on the site...

Cheers

I'm patiently waiting on a mono webcam - a modified SPC900.

I realise to get colour images of Jupiter etc I need to image in RGB and combine the results.

fLO do a Baader set with an IR cut for £73 as a 'starter' set. Has anyone used these? Are they any good? I'm on a limited budget.

Thanks.

I had them until I sold them recently Hugh, I found they did the job. Not sure how much worse (if at all) they are compared to more expensive ones as I haven't had another set to compare them to.

Tony..

Found some on the 'Modern Astronomy' website for £90. That does seem a good price. :)

They are not parfocal by any chance? Doesn't seem to be any info about them on the site...

Cheers

The QHY set should be parfocal. The Baader set isn't that much parfocal. More info on the QHY version is on for example L-RGB Filterset 1.25' for CCD - Interference filter budget price

There are several mods astronomiser do - it all depends what you ask/pay for - amp off, chip replacement, cooling, long exposure, re-housing, etc. Some of the mods benefit from combinations of the others :)

just noticed you are a member of east mids stargazers,do you know noel (glider) he was at my house in rotherham a few weeks ago i gave him a pier for his heq5.

I only do deep sky (and barbecues!!) but the basic Baader set struck me as better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Not as good as the interferometric set but did you think they would be? In DS imaging the cheap set are not parfocal but I find the posh ones highly so. I still check, though. So, the basic set? Pretty good.

Olly

Got a set from FLO now. Just need a clear night with Jupiter or even the moon up when the clouds are away to test out.

Do I need to stack the IR cut with the colour filters, or just use each if the 4 filters on their own?

TheThing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived