Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I hope this doesn't become addictive... :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scopes have moved on since these came out there's undoubtedly better corrected kit out there - like the Vixen ED81S I recently bought (another ED "doublet") which shows little if any "purple haze"... but as a spotter the Little TV is wicked...

It's about the only Televue scope I could get anywhere close to being able to afford... but I now have an EP dilema.. the 40mm TV possl seems ok with it.. well more than OK when I compare it to a Celestron E-lux in the same scope... I guess i could "stretch" to the Baader Hyperion Zoom and it would be ideal for the spotter role when combined with the 40mm TV

Peter...

• 9 months later...

Hi Brian from Darwin Australia , I have a white Pronto #4090 on a Gibralter mount , great grab and go set up , I love mine so much , You wont be sorry getting yours Peter .

My 22mm Panoptic and 8mm Radian are the 2 most used eyepieces used with my baby ,, nice .

Brian.

Thanks Brian,

At SGL7 I picked up a Badder Hyperion zoom for it and it had no issues achievign infinity focus at all..

At the same starparty I also picked up a Vixen mini-porta mount at the bring and buy so thast the setup I use with the Pronto.. The setup is mainly being used as a spotter scope to keep an eye onthe local birds life especially the Greater spotted Woodpeckers feeding their young on the wooden telegraph poles ... It's a bit heavy to take walkabout around the local reserves but the views through it are amazing...

Peter...

I hear you Peter , Mine is an awsome bird watching scope as well as astro , and the bird life up ( Down ? ) here in Darwin a amazing , I get 10 differand species at my place every day , yes I do feed them and as you know the Pronto is really good at that . Especially using my 22mm Panoptic and 13mm T1Nagler . Beautiful.

The Gibraltar mount is so light and sturdy , its a joy to use .

Have a look in the ' welcome ' section , under , " Hi from Darwin Australia " and there is a photo of a few of my beloved refractors , and my Pronto is there , Have a look if you want . Enjoy , as I know you will .

Brian.

Archived