Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what is off axis guiding

chemtom24

i dont want to count my eggs just yet, but playing email tennis and its been sold to me so i guess its mine, but until ive got it i wont sleep easy!

heq5, 127 sw mak - £200 :)

HEQ5 standard :icon_scratch:

Gumtree is a good place to keep an eye on, some right bargains have been on there.

I picked my HEQ5 (standard again) + 200P for £250 :hello2:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooh very nice. how much u reckon the mak would go for if i didnt wanna keep it? tho tbh i think i will as the 200 is just a beast to move about. think the mak will be my on the go scope, will most likely buy a cheap light mount for it.

ooh very nice. how much u reckon the mak would go for if i didnt wanna keep it? tho tbh i think i will as the 200 is just a beast to move about. think the mak will be my on the go scope, will most likely buy a cheap light mount for it.

Personally I'd keep the mak too :) Have a look through the For Sale / Completed boards to see what it's worth - you might want to list it on ABS rather than here though (after letting world + dog know how much you paid for it :icon_scratch: )

good point :icon_scratch:

still getting headaches about the guiding tho. im usually ok with things but this is killing me! theres an st4 to parallel adapter for sale in the sale section, can i use this with a parallel to usb connector, then connect all up to the modded handset, run a prog and fire away? with guidecam in place of course, either off axis or cheap finderscope + neximage.

cheapest methods please? and exactly the items i will need :)

After saving so much on the mount, I'd think about spending a bit and getting a QHY5 (S/H around £120) and the finder guider adaptor (£30 modern astronomy) and voila. All you need to guide :) (Well one ST4 cable from QHY5 to modded handset, and one USB cable from QHY5 to PC.)

I don't know anything about the parallel adaptor, sorry :icon_scratch:

the qhy5 is a camera and guider in one yea? if my credit card app gets accepted, thats just what il do :)

Thankyou kh3ldar, youve been a real help :icon_scratch: appreciated very much

tom

and just read that it can be used for planetary/lunar too, so that means i could sell my neximage??

the qhy5 is a camera and guider in one yea? if my credit card app gets accepted, thats just what il do :)

Thankyou kh3ldar, youve been a real help :icon_scratch: appreciated very much

tom

Yup. QHY5 sends images to PHD via USB. PHD sends messages to the QHY5 via the USB. The QHY5 sends pulses to the HEQ5 via ST4. No other hardware required.

Archived