NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Problem with Active USB Cable

Hi,

I have been using active USB cable (LIke this: 16FT USB 2.0 ACTIVE Repeater Extension Cable | eBay) to connect my Laptop or Desktop(Both Win XP) and DSLR (Nikon D 50) fitted to my 5"Refractor.

After working perfectly for couple of days, now whenever I connect the cable, both of my computers ask for 'DRIVER.'

I tested the cable by connecting it to another desktop and then attaching a Pen Drive on other end of the cable, it worked perfectly. What could have gone wrong? Is there anything to do with my computers or the Cable got somehow damaged?

Please enlighten me-

Regards-

Debasisslg

Hi there

I use two of these leads on my obs set up.

The only time they have given me grief is when I changed the leads around in the sockets on my computer.

I now leave them plugged in all the time to avoid this and have never had a repeat of this problem.

I think it has something to do with the computer assigning the lead to a new port number when you change sockets but there are better equipped people than me on here who can answer that one for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks. Firstly, it never asked for any driver earlier. Next, the machines asking for drivers even when the cables are connected to their usual ports. Interestingly, though the cables are behaving unexpectedly in both of my machines, these are working perfectly in another machine unknown to the cables. Any suggestion? Please.

BTW, taken a USB connection via RJ45 connector set and connecting my Camera Scope with computer through LAN Cable via these connectors.

Thanks

I thought that a driver was only required for a device on the end of the cable, not for the cable itself.

Do you have a device attached to the active cable (even just a hub)? or is it just the cable with no device attached that is asking for a driver?

Wich is the latest bit of gear you have plugged into either the usb port, or the cable hanging off the usb port. It's highly likely that any new equipment is the one for wich a driver is being asked. The cable is just a cable and I never heard of one that needs a driver. :rolleyes:

Archived