Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6888 Crescent nebula

Martin-Devon

My first shot at this DSO - the colours are dodgy & it took a while to retain some degree of intricacy for the central area - most of the Photoshop tools seemed eager to eliminate this! Subs were 9 x 10 mins HA and 9 x 10 mins OIII. No flats, darks or bias removals yet; I still have to address this part of my work.

Martin

post-20603-133877646172_thumb.jpg

I would have another go at this one. It seems your exposure is adequate but you have only used two channels? Use a mix of Ha/O3 to make a synthetic blue (or green) channel. Try stretching more gently using Curves. All the tools in PS can be used with great sensitivity.

Sorry about your other thread on flats being closed down by the police. There is no need for this behaviour, if you want, contact me privately as dozens of others do.

Dennis

Good effort Martin!

Dennis is right, the curves are a bit aggressive. Gentle curves and more of them! :smiley:

My own efforts (here) I think lack a bit of punch, but if you can pull your curves down a bit, I think you've a great start to this object!

Archived