Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

where can i get this part from for my scope ?

Better of just get a whole new focuser of astroboot.

That's my thinking - the chances of getting a drawtube and rack just the right size are slim but they do have complete focuser units on there quite frequently.

Looking at the wear if it's on the workign part of the focus travel then couldn't you turn it round as a short term measure...?

Peter

what do you mean buy turn it around as a short term measure ?

sorry for my stupidness lol

....what do you mean buy turn it around as a short term measure ?

sorry for my stupidness lol

The rack (the thing with the "teeth" on it) should be held to the tube by 2 tiny screws / nuts. If you remove them (carefully) you can put the rack on the other way around - then perhaps the gaps in the "teeth" would not interfere with the focusing action so much.

It might be worth a try.

The rack (the thing with the "teeth" on it) should be held to the tube by 2 tiny screws / nuts. If you remove them (carefully) you can put the rack on the other way around - then perhaps the gaps in the "teeth" would not interfere with the focusing action so much.

It might be worth a try.[/quotel

il give that a go thanks

Is this any use to you?

Fits a scope tube 69mm internal diameter.

It is a brand new (astroboot) for a 70mm F10 Bresser scope.

bought ages ago for a project that didn't go anywhere.

would it fit my travel scope 70 if so how much ?

shane

Hi Shane. pity it seems to be the wrong size.

If you get stuck, you could pack my tube flange using PVC tape. Or slide in a piece of thin plastic sheet. You are only looking for a 1mm thin layer. For this sort of scope, carrying lightweight EPs, you can get away with a fix like that.

Price? It's not going anywhere and I have forgotten what it cost me. If you want to use it, PM your address and I will post it. If you were to send me the postage cost at some point, that would make me happy.

David.

Archived