light pollution

hi all i live in gosport and the council have just change the street lights to the new white light ones that seem to be brighter then the older ones with the yellow glow they claim to be low energy and cause less light pollution but looks worse to me has anybody any sugestions on which light pollution filters to use that can help

thanks

grant

Sorry but filters do NOTHING for white led lighting.

The only good news on them is they are usually in well constructed directional fittings, reducing the light scatter.

Sodium orange and certain other specific wavelengths are handled very well by the various light pollution filters.

Ooops David is correct, sorry my bad. Probably not worth spending your money on unless it is the orange glare of surrounding areas that have not yet had there lighting changed thats causing you problems

ive got one about 5 yards from back garden have spoke to southern electricity who have been relamping them they only thing they could do was put a directional fitting in there but you still get a lot of stray light out the back but not as much, they also said they would naturally dim down in time. Ive gone to the extent of building 8 ft screens to move round me and the telescope which have done quite a good job and a big camping mat dew sheild on my reflector. i purchased a 10" dob today so should help against the pesky light pollution..

Archived