NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter and Uranus

RogerTheDodger

As I commented in Dror's thread Roger, do yourself a favour and use the full 3 minutes - at this scale you're only robbing yourself of valuable frames!

Even at the scales I image at with my "old" C11 (around 8 metres f/l) 3 minutes total for 3 channels is slightly conservative, despite some of the "gossip" that does the rounds....!:rolleyes::hello2::hello2:

I'll see if I can dig up an image comparison of a 3 minute and 6 minute side-by-side using my old DBK21 and the C11.....I actually think it might be here on SGL...;)

Cheers, Darryl.

.....I can not only sympathise with you over that particular problem Roger.....even the C11 with a dewshield is a pain in the butt which is why I try to avoid using it.....but I'll soon be wrestling with a 16" newt (albeit an F4 that's onlt 156mm long!):hello2:;):rolleyes:

Archived