Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Control of DSLR from PC

Hello, I have a pentax K100D camera and want to know if there is any software that I can use to operate the shutter from my PC as I want to set it up to take multiple shots for timelapse without having to stand next to my camera or buy a timer release cable. I know pentax do provide remote assistance software however this requires the original software that came with the camera, unfortunatley I do not have that as I bought the camera second hand nor can it be downloaded from pentax website. Any help suggestions would be great. Thanks all ;)

Hi, I have tried to install from the pentax website, however during insallation it asks for me to insert the digital camera utility cd, which I have found is the original CD that came with the camera, the software provided on the pentax site is simply an update for the original, as I dont have the original CD im a bit stuck. I have googled for a generic programme and found maxim which is pricey!! I am sure there must be freeware one available for DSLR control but as yet my search is ongoing.

Archived