NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Catanonias M27 DumbBell Contribution

Catanonia

I have spent a fair amount of time on this trying to capture the outer shell of M27 and I think I have got as far as I can after about 8 hours of subs in Ha RGB

I seem to struggle to pick up this faint stuff and can only assume my back garden in Cheshire is just not dark enough.

So time to call a halt to this image capture and post my best results so far.

It is a HaRGB image with the Ha and Red channels stacked together to produce the final image with the faint outer shell of M27.

Taken with the MN190 and QHY9 Mono setup on my EQ6.

I hope you like it, really would love to get to a darker site.

post-16631-133877642448_thumb.jpg

Thats a strong image with the Dumbell really stretching out, the ears are very rich looking. What about O3 as there are 2 butterfly type wings out even further.

John.

Thats a strong image with the Dumbell really stretching out, the ears are very rich looking. What about O3 as there are 2 butterfly type wings out even further.

John.

Unfortunately I don't have and S or O narrow band filters, only the 2ich Ha 8nm.

Looking at this one would come to believe that in a decent dark site you would be dangerous! This is seriously good. SO. MANY. STARS!!

EDIT. when I say dangerous, I dont mean in a stalkerish-ted bundy kind of way.

Thanks all,

The skirt of this nebula is very hard to get well. Still debating whether to try and add another fewbhours of Ha to it.

I would. You have F5 on your side and while the moon is around it has to be worth a pop. The way you have the outer shell at the moment is nice and tantalizing. I like it like that but there is more to be had if you want it. O111 helps as well but is moon-sensitive.

Olly

Archived