Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What a difference the rain makes

Tyr

Having had a downpour here earlier in the day I was very pleased when the clouds finished passing by at about 22:30, rushed down to get the scope outside and cooling down.

Took the rest of the stuff out at 23:30 and got setup.

There's quite a lot of LP from those orange street lights where I am and the difference in what I can see with the naked eye is huge after it had rained.

Probably one of the top nights in terms of visibility I've had so far since I got the scope.

I have been trying to find M11 without the GOTO and when I was last out (at the weekend I think) it was clear but there was so much sky glow I couldn't see any of the stars at that end of Aquila, last night was no such problem.

If only it hadn't been a school night I'd have been out for hours, I still managed to fit in some of my current favourites as well as some new ones.

I'm finding using the RDF at the zenith near impossible though and getting the scope roughly the right area without it very hard. Wondering if a Telrad will be easier, but it seems a bit bulky for 5" Mak.

Top marks for the 9x50 SW RACI finder I got recently though, it provided some stunning views of the Coat hanger (CR399) definitely a new favourite.

I must have sounded enthusiastic this morning as my GF wants me to show her the Coat Hanger now too ;)

Tyr

Archived