Cygnus Constellation

Very nice. What ISO did you use for that and is it a modded 450D?

Melibum - The EQ6 and your HEQ5 Pro have the same specs for tracking accuracy and at a 55mm focal length should actually be able to do 10+ minute subs without the need for guiding. I've just got myself a NEQ6 and found it can handle 3 mins unguided at 200mm fl no problem (I.e no dropped subs from star-trails) so that should equate to at least 12 mins with a 50mm lens or a whopping 20 mins with a 28mm. To be honest, I could have pushed it further but there was light cloud causing some sky-glow and I didn't want to burn out the image.

Very nice. What ISO did you use for that and is it a modded 450D?

Melibum - The EQ6 and your HEQ5 Pro have the same specs for tracking accuracy and at a 55mm focal length should actually be able to do 10+ minute subs without the need for guiding. I've just got myself a NEQ6 and found it can handle 3 mins unguided at 200mm fl no problem (I.e no dropped subs from star-trails) so that should equate to at least 12 mins with a 50mm lens or a whopping 20 mins with a 28mm. To be honest, I could have pushed it further but there was light cloud causing some sky-glow and I didn't want to burn out the image.

wow thats good to know as i was worried about star trail i was only doing 90s subs with the 55mm lens so i will give it a longer on next time and i will try 3 min with my 200mm

I find it easier to focus at 5.6, reasonable depth of field. I would rather use iso 1600 for the speed and I find it not detriment to the quality of the image providing you take many frames.

So many imagers go for iso 800 for better quality but I dont notice the difference when I do it considering we usually view the images on a PC screen. If printing out an image I think that this is different and a lower ISO would be better. Again it depends on how large you want to print out the picture.

That's my view anyway, many would disagree !

Robin

Archived