Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Barlows...... again

I was looking to get a 3x barlow and due to restricting myself on price I was looking to find a Tal 3x but after some break time surfing I found this Meade 4000

does anybody have any experience of both of these and which would you consider better for my basic imaging set up?

Thanks in advance

Davie

TAL have a good reputation but I couldn't get hold of one so bought a second hand televue instead. Revelation Astro do a 2.5x for under £40 and Orion do a 3x for £55-60 they are both decentish brands.

Thanks for the reply Spikey :)

I've been reading up on some Barlows and thats made it worse :) as I'm now thinking I could get a 2x with an extension tube.

I'll keep reading and see if i can make my mind up, although it's more likely to be a "to hell with it I'll buy this one" type of decision

Still looking at what to get when I get a spare minute,

I have also come across the Revelation Astro 5x at the same price as the TAL but would a 5x barlow be too much for my scope?

Archived