Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

....and I'm nowhere near the motorway.

I thought it was going to be clear last night, I managed to take my calibration frames but only managed to keep 12x 30 sec subs as the cloud wiped out the others.

I thought I would give processing a go anyway as I'm new to all of this and need the practice.

I have stretched it as far as I think I can, any more and the histogram starts to look like a hedgehog :)

My question, is it so noisy just as a result of having so few subs, would having more data as I intended start to clear it up a bit?

Can I also assume that not picking up much red is due to only having 6 mins of data combined with my DSLR's poor Ha sensitivity?

Thanks

Danny

post-26486-133877639758_thumb.jpg

Hi Dan,

Thats not bad for 6 minutes. I did 30 subs of 30sec at the weekend, and got slightly more def on the nebula, but the background noise had dropped off a lot more.

http://stargazerslounge.com/attachments/imaging-image-processing-help-techniques/64378d1311861453-my-first-imaging-attempt-m27-final3.jpg

So yes collect more subs. and if you are only doing 30 sec it shouldnt take to long to rattle off a set of darks, and flats. Take 10-20 so you can take the best of the best. Also you may as well rattle of the bias frames too. Not looking forward to taking longer subs!

I reckon I need at least an hour, maybe 2.

Archived