NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7000 - North America Nebula

PhoenixRising

I dont know where to start really. I tried Astrophotography a couple of years ago and gave up after two months, I just found it way too difficult. Since then I've kept wondering whether to try again and just accept that its a steep learning curve. So here I am. After a sugesstion by Melibum on Sunday night, I went for my first "proper" astropic.

Equipment Used:

NEQ6 Pro,

Skywatcher ED80 Pro,

0.85x Field Flattener,

ADM Dual Mounting Bar,

ST80 with Synguider,

Canon 550D,

Astronomik CLS Clip Filter.

1 1/2 hrs data,

20 Flats (I think I did them right!),

20 Darks,

20 Bias.

Bit of limited Photoshop.

To be honest, I'm just glad to be off the ground finally. Any comments welcome.

post-17562-133877638824_thumb.jpg

Mate that's fantastic effort :) I'm so glad you stuck at it! and your missus must have the patience of a saint!

One criticism of the image, I'd say get the same amount of subs again to help tidy up the noise and bring out a bit more structure that is of course if you want? I mean I'm not pushing you or anything, don't mean anyfing by it guv' jast tryhin to elp out aint I :) You have to be so careful nowerdays with comments say the wrong thing and you will be shot :)

Joking apart, I liked your first image of M42 and was in awe of your EQ6 :eek: I remember you slewing it around and saying "I love the sound of the motors"... Ha!! How sad :)

But I'm glad you are back sir and if this image is anything to go by I'm expecting great things, though if it all proves to much I'll take your Neq6 off your hands!

Looking forward to more mate,

Take care and clear skies!

Matt.

Cheers Squid, looking forward to catching up with you at some point. I warn you now, I will be picking your brains....

Just glad to have got my imaging act together. Of course now, even though I've only just got my head round DSLR imaging, I keep seeing them lurvely looking CCD Cameras for sale.... oh dear....

Archived