NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

site keeps logging me out

Hi Good afternoon to the admin teams

i have been using the forum for a few years so am not a newbie Don't post that often though anymore as i have stopped imaging.

I have noticed over the last few weeks that if i shut down the web page it logs me out even if i check the remember me box on logging in. i have checked that in Chrome the setting is set to remember passwords and if i start to put in the user name it pops up with all the detail. i am sure this never used to be the case i would click on the link i have placed in the links bar and i would be in. Has something changed i have missed?? or am i doing something wrong?

Grahame

cheers Peter that seems to have sorted it

I took a while to find the cookie option in chrome and when i found it it was saying to loose date at browser close.

for those who have the same issue (RobH) in Chrome

click the spanner then "options" then "under the hood" then uncheck the box next to "Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser"

That sorted it for me (I hope) i have closed the browser a number of times and it has held the info .

easy when ya sign in tick the rember me box

Not for me....since win 7 that doesn't work for me on any site.

I have firefox setup to remember passwords, but it won't do it!

Vista and XP would work fine.

Cheers Guys all working fine now Nowt to do with the remember me box as i said in the first post already tried that over an d over it was the cookie function was set to clear all data when exiting browser window. never was going to work with that set Phsycobilly got it spot on.

as for Olly cheers i will do that i made a promise to be back and one day I will, so it will be your door i will bang on until then it has to be the drum...and i will wave the flag as much as possible.

Archived