Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

new camera

noakesy

taken with a celestron astromaster 130 on an eq3-2 mount, neximage and no barlow. RAW modded neximage (look up tutorial.. easily done and improves pic quality)

stacked and sharpened in registax

have yet to try it with my 200, tho i can only assume the images will be quite a bit better than these, and these are by no means perfect anyway :BangHead:

post-25906-133877637264_thumb.jpg

post-25906-133877637268_thumb.jpg

They're good images with a Neximage. The camera is a bit Marmite-y - some love 'em, some hate 'em. Use mine from time to time and great for the moon as above. Mars was only OK last year, but Jupiter great. Seeing conditions have to be good of course (same for any camera) so my advice is persevere for ages. You may be on the verge of giving up from time to time, but stick with it and experiment with all the gain, shutter speed etc. settings - take loads of avis and enjoy. Registax is the right tool to get the images processed

just for comparison and so you dont get dissapointed with some early results... heres one of my very first attempts with the same set up as above but without the raw mod.

a far cry from the images above - firsty, the raw mod makes a massive difference, so deffo do that. secondly, as skybrowser said, play around with the settings when recording. sharpcap is a good prog to capture your avi files. and record lots of avi's - practice makes perfect.

would love to see your results :)

tom

*EDIT* better add the pic, whoops

post-25906-133877638579_thumb.png

Archived