NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ3 mount control via EQMOD & CdC

fwm891

Hi, I've just added a HiTech-Astro EQ Direct controller to this set-up so from my earlier problem of not being able to get a connection via the handset have shifted to one of controlling the scope.

I have Ascom 6 loaded, EQMOD V123k CdC V3.3 on my IBM Thinkpad runs XP Pro SP3.

Firstly I go through the selection options and get green lights for mount connection and tracking. If I ask the mount via the EQMOD NSEW buttons to slew it moves in those directions at the selected speed. However, if I select a star and ask the mount to slew via the slew control it moves in RA only and just continues to rotate. No change in dec takes place.:BangHead:

Any thoughts anyone...

Francis

Chris, Thank you lots and lots:hello2::BangHead::hello2:. 1.23n sorted all the problems slews now go where they should and the mount doesn't just spin...

Posted comments on the EDMOD group too.

Thanks again for your efforts

Francis:D

Chris,

Does this apply to the EQ3Pro as well - I guess so?

Where do we "sign up"?

Yes, it applies to any EQ3 designation (NEQ3, EQ3 Pro, EQ3-2 with synscan upgrade etc.) and any EQ5 designation. HEQ5 and EQ6Pro types were unaffected.

I believe this bug was only recently introduced in the EQASCOM V1.23 releases. EQASCOM V1.23n can be obtained from the EQMOD Yahoo group files section (membership required) or from sourceforge

Chris.

Thanks Bizbilder :BangHead:

I wasnt sure if this version was only going to be available through the group for "testing"...

That's generally the way of things but the EQ3/EQ5 mount control was seriously compromised with V1.23m and given this was already available via sourceforge I thought it was appropriate in this case to issue "fixed" version directly to sourceforge as well as the EQMOD group. The V1.22j version is also still available at sourceforge for anyone wishing to step back a "production release"

Chris.

Chris, Thank you lots and lots:hello2::BangHead::hello2:. 1.23n sorted all the problems slews now go where they should and the mount doesn't just spin...

Posted comments on the EDMOD group too.

Thanks again for your efforts

Francis:D

Thanks Francis, though the round of applause is rather embarrassing given I'm the idiot who messed it up in the first place ;)

Sorry folks.

Chris.

... round of applause is rather embarrassing given I'm the idiot who messed it up in the first place...

But unlike some you don't just dig your heels in - you're prepared to do something about it - that's a tremendous difference, especially to a non techie like me.:BangHead:. Francis

Archived