Lunt 60 or Solarmax II 60?

For CCD imaging which would be the better instrument?

Lunt LS60THa with B1200 or the

Solarmax II 60 with BF10/15?

and can both of them be double stacked by adding an additional filter on the front or is the conversion more significant than that?

or something else in price?

A fairly open question but has anyone done a back to back comparison of the two scopes?

The front etalon type Ha scopes are the way to go - no, or very minimal "sweet spot" issues.

I can't comment on the Lunt but I have two SM60 (sometimes double stacked together, or with the PST etalon) and I can say they do the job very, very well.

Have a look at the for sale section, theres a 100mm lunt and solarmax 90 for sale you may want to consider depending on budget of course

I did see them and twitched big time lol but to be honest I'm not that committed to solar imaging just yet :BangHead:

I have looked through both, almost side by side. The Lunt was a good one I have to say, very sharp and contrasty, but the SM60 was also very capable. Focusser also good on the Lunt, didn't pay much attention to it on the SM60

I have looked through both, almost side by side. The Lunt was a good one I have to say, very sharp and contrasty, but the SM60 was also very capable. Focusser also good on the Lunt, didn't pay much attention to it on the SM60

Thank you TJ

Archived