NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My Setup

I haven't really changed my kit for a while now.

But I have a 8" Explorer on a HEQ5 mount. I have a Toucam SC1 Webcam, Canon 300D, a lovely 2" 30mm EP and loads of other kit!

scope.jpg

Not really sure what I'm going to do next... Always so much to buy and no money to buy it with!!!

:)

LB

All looks nice Lb, is that a star travel i see on top of the helios?

As you know i had my helios for a couple of years excellent scope and i will prob end up with another one day(like russ did).

Regards

James

Thats a ST80 James, I replaced that with a ST102 (cheers Russ) and then sold that and bought a EQ1 driven camera platform.

I was looking at getting a guide scope but can't see the point till I can get a mount that has an auto guiding port... Gonna be a while.

LB

That's a nice setup and always good to see my old scope.

As you say, not much point having a guide scope without an autoguide port on the mount. I'm in the same boat.

Have you looked at the WinCTC system for the HEQ5. It uses all the standard drives but adds PEC, autoguide and GOTO for approx £200-250.

Regards

Russ

Crikey the price has jumped somewhat since i last looked :oops:

£323 now for the HEQ5 and EQ6 models. Blast, should have done this last year when Bev offered it to me for £225 inc VAT and Del.

Oh well another missed boat. :?

Russ

Archived