Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

modded dslr. easier processing???

Daniel-K

just woundering i have just bought a modded dslr and managed some 7 mins of data in m31 i managed to get the two other faint fuzzys also but when it comes to processing im struggling to get colours looking right. my question is, is it harder processing with a modded dlsr?

What combination of "files" are you using in terms of lights,darks,flats,bias

Once the stacking process has finished in DSS and it loads up and displays the picture on the screen you should see the data spikes in the histogram (bottom left) and the RGB sliders...

You may find that the red data spike is offset from the Green and Blue?

(we'll do this a bit at the time...)

Or ...

http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/userguide.htm

Processing tab about 2/3rds of the way down that webpage...

Seeing as your using gimp (8 bit) do more of you processing in DSS (16 bit)

Peter...

well last night was the first light so i just managed 12 30sec lights just to see what i could get i managed to stack them with DSS with no issue the final image was red'er than i thought

post-18942-133877634149_thumb.jpg

Sorry was in the middle of doing things which is why I posted a link to the relevant sections of the DSSS manual...

As you can see fromyour histogram the R Data "spike" is a further to the right than the G and B .... you want them to be "overlapping"...

The manual will give you the pointers you need...

Archived