Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dare i say it - "WEDGE !"

I know what you're going to say BUT is anybody on here imaging with a SCT on a wedge ( 12" or so ) and getting good results ?

I did pre order a GT-81 but changed my mind at the last minute and instead took delivery of an FLT 98.

I am starting to come to terms with the fact that for imaging i will need a "true" EQ mount for the 98 to do it any justice and hopefully give me less problems starting out. The weight issue alone may be too much for the LX200 gears once the counter weights , 98 , dovetail and so on are added ?:)

I know what i want to hear but this all now seems the wrong road to go down ( thanks Olly). I really don't want to change my obs set up with regards OTA mounted on forks so i may have to bite the bullet and get a separate Eq / tripod mount. At least i can take it away from home .:)

I can now see the metal at the bottom of my money tin so need to make sure i don't waste whats left as i do have a history of digging my heals in to try and prove a point. Turning 40 has made me soft and listen to advise a bit more , probably a good thing.

What do you think ?

Archived