SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

skymax 127 advice

hi guys just wondering if the skymax 127 would be a good upgrade from the skywatcher 130p? seen some great shots taking with the 127 on hear ,or is there any thing better i should consider ,my limit is about £400 and good for imaging is what im after ...thanks in advance guys!!

mm thats tricky ...... cause the 127 mak give could you great pics of the moon and planets .... but its high focal lenght and small fov means it can be tricky to photograph dso`s ,you would need a focal reducer. the 130 you have can take great pics as its focal length of 5 or 6 (just guessing) is more suited to taking pics and will be better on dso`s .

i myself have a 127 mak and a clestron 130 slt . i tend to use the 127 mak more , but i have just bought a sw 200 pds ..

we are never happy for too long lol:icon_salut:

It's hard to recommend the 127 as an upgrade to the 130P. The 127 is a focused planetary scope. The 130P is an allrounder and won't be that far away from the 127 on the planets either. Maybe better to aim a little larger in aperture.

We have just swapped our 127 ota for a Celestron C6 SCT ota and also bought an F6.3 reducer for the SCT to make it a more rounded scope. I think it was worthwhile. The C6 is noticeably better, especially at f6.3, on the deepsky and just as good on the planets. And £400 should be fine for a secondhand 6" scope plus mount if you need one.

thanks for the info guys :D guess i was just blinded by some of the impressive shots ive seen with the 127,yep the Celestron C6 SCT sure does seem a great scope but the price had put me off ,i didn't even consider a second hand scope but spose what im looking for i couldn't afford new with out a fair bit of saving anyway lol.... thanks again !!

Archived