Budget Motorised Mount

i am a really keen astronomer and i love photography, but i have some problems.....

1) No Scope

2) unemployed = skint !

3) no idea (well, nearly!)

i have tried taking multiple "short" exposure images using either my DSLR or .avi on another camera and using registax to try and eliminate the "rotational" effect, but without success.

i will eventually need to get myself a mount and scope but will settle for a mount at the moment.

not bothered about "GoTo" as i have a reasonable sky knowledge (and to keep the cost down).

any suggestions ?

thanks for your help :D

got the plans for a barn door from the sky at night mag a few issues back and trying to work out if i can motorise it. (maplin & soldering iron to the rescue again!)

as i have a "reasonably" light pollution free(ish) location i'd like to make the most of it :p

startrail photos .... done loads ! :D

You may be able to get hold of an EQ1 with a drive motor - It will allow you to take long(ish) exposures with a DSLR.

Maybe try the second hand market? There must be a few around that were supplied with smaller scopes that have found use as guide scopes etc. makung the mount redundant.

Archived