NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tiny screw for my focuser rack

Hi

A while back I heard a small loose component rattling around in my scope tube :shock:. After removing the focuser I realised it was a small screw that had unthreaded itself. On further inspection I found it had come from the rack that is attached to the focuser tube for my rack & pinion focuser. Luckily there is a second screw on the other end of the rack. However I really do need to re-fasten this side of the rack as it's somewhat flimsy on one side without both screws in.

The problem I have is finding a flathead screw (and bolt) small enough to fix it with (as the original screw/thread is kerput). Were talking 1mm thick by about 5mm

in length.

Any idea's ?

Hi. Matt, are you sure about the size?

I have some very small BA size screws in my workshop, I am sure I could find something that would do.

Just confirm the length, width, and type of head ie countersunk. cheesehead, roundhead. Also if you require a nut, although I think your post indicated that it was a nut and bolt.

Cheers Ron.

Hi guys thanks for the responses/offer's

It is an evostar CC, however the thread is nackered hense the need for a bolt. It goes without saying I don't want a bulky bolt as this is the screw that is furthest from the eyepeice end. That could mean any mod 'might' block part of the 'circle of light' to the eyepeice. :?

I can't get exact measurements to you right now but can have a look and post them up tomorrow.

Matt

[Edit: I say the thread is nackered but of course it could have just been the screw thread and not the thread on the rack thats knackered, no real way of testng now I dont have the original screw]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived