Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Creating my first picture

I posted this in the image section on the forum, but the thread has gotten no attention. So im hoping by posting this here, more people will read this, and may be bale to help me.

I dont know if im allowed to do this so please delete the thread if it is. :)

I have taken some pictures of the night sky but i dont know how to put the pictures together to 1 picture instead of 5. I have heard that if you take multiple images and put them together you will get more stars.

Anyway, here you go: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-image-processing-help-techniques/147290-first-image-sky-help.html#post1865867

Lukas, you gotta be patient man. You only posted your original thread this morning. I would give it longer than 5hrs for some responses.

Anyway, having said that it looks like you are getting the stuff you need now.

Deep Sky Stacker is the one you want for this, it works by aligning the stars in the image. It is quite easy to use and there are plenty of tutorials on the web. Best off all, it is free.

Registax is for lunar, solar or planetary images. Very nice and useful software, but not the right one for this.

Archived