NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7000 'Wall' and NGC 281 26/27-6-11

fwm891

Tried a session on the 'Wall' in ngc7000 with my Altair Astro 8-inch f4 and cooled DSLR last night. Also tried ngc 281 but creeping dawn cut the session short so will leave this until it gets a little higher later in the year. Also tried IC1805 but only managed a single frame which looked washed out so like ngc281 it will have to wait…

NGC 7000: 10 x 5 min subs @ ISO 1600

NGC 281: 3 x 5 min subs @ ISO 1600

Both images processed in DSS and PS CS-3

Francis

post-27414-133877624256_thumb.jpg

post-27414-133877624265_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mark.

Laser_jock99 - I've built a chiller/cool box to take my Canon 450D along the lines of the Gary Honis version III unit. I've made a couple of alterations from Gary's to suit my working but its essentially the same.

With the higher temperatures at the moment I've taken to pre-cooling the camera and MPCC corrector (in a sealed bag!) as a unit in a fridge for a couple of hours before I need them (this is because the unit will keep the temperature to about 15º C below ambient but taking the camera body from ambient takes a while so pre-cooling speeds up the process). Once enclosed access to the body is near impossible so my camera is mains powered and images are fed direct to a laptop.

Hi Martin - Thanks. The Baader MPCC and Altair 8-inch f4 seem very well matched. I took great care after getting them to ensure all the mechanical components were aligned. Collimation seems stable and needs little tweaking. The only thing I find with the OTA is the focuser shifts/tilts if its locked but the tension adjuster is good enough to even hold my DSLR and chiller box! Francis

Archived