NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

is this a meteor or satalite ?

i stacked and processed the image without the flare first. then stacked the 1 image of the flare on top. ill post an image of the single frame

Be good to see!

Nice shot as well, I'd have a punt (a bet) on iridium also :hello2:

Glen

thats great. thank you . i never new that just reflective sunlight could produce that.

i have another question that i have tried to get from the internet.

when taking images. people take darks and flats aswell as bias. the darks i understand but are flats, 'the light pixels as such? by putting a white t/shirt over the lens and shining a torch over it, brings out the light pixels ? and bias!! i have no idea?

i wanna take the best images possible with the gear i have before upgrading. and as this is mounted on an eq2 mount. motor driven. with the widefield images im taking at the moment i can only atcheve 5min exposures.do i need as many darks as lights? and do i need to worry about flats ? if so what does this improve ?

many thanks cal

As far as i know, (and not allot I may add..) bias is already in darks, so no need to take bias if you've added darks to the stack.. flats are used to give a good finish to a photo by way of "erasing" blemishes like dust motes for instance.

Hope this helps , but i'm sure someone will be along soon who has a better understanding.

Glen

thanks VP for the link

just while your here glen, what else do you think is a good place to image? i am imaging cygnus and the milky way at present. but is there anything else i can go with? its going to be a 35-70mm lens piggybacked on a eq2, so has to be quite bright as the exposures are going to be no more than 5mins due to tracking ? and can only see southeast through to south west ?

Archived