Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baffled by my ccd already

canuck

OK. Here I am again.

I recently picked up an MX7C, and it came with the serial to USB adaptor.

The cd with the drivers is supposed to be self loading, but it's clearly not...another option is to press setup.exe, but this is not there as an option.

Has anyone loaded this function before? I'm concerned I'm being really thick, and have the wrong disc! :) This one is blue with 3 thin silver circles, and is labelled USB 1.1 Serial Adaptor product driver...so it seems ok.

I thought the hard part of ccd imaging would be after I had got it installed!

Any ideas? Computers and I aren't that familiar, so I won't be insulted. :)

Thanks for any help.

Cannock, put the disk in the drive, click start, then my computer, look at the drives and where you can see the one with disk in it right click on it and press explore. This will then open the disc contents for you to see. If there is an .exe file in there then double click it. It may also say setup. Give that a go first.

Yep, tried that.

That was about as far as I originally got, none of the visible files say setup or exe.

Starlight Xpress make some software available online, but do they make their USB driver files available?

I had a look, but couldn't find them.

Thanks.

Archived