NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I picked up my bins today.

Well I got the Revelation 25x100 bins from Steve (First Light Optics).

First I want to talk about the condition of everything.

Steve said they were nearly new/used but as far as I could see they were brand new.

Steve also said that the case they come in was marked/scratched, sorry Steve but I can’t see any marks on the case (if you want to forward me the said marks / scratches) you have my address.

I must say that it takes a bit of getting used to having to focus each eyepiece but well worth it once you have done this.

The glass looks well coated as it has this green/blue tinge on it when you look at them from an angle.

The bins are rubber coated and feel well made/solid.

The size of these bins was the first thing that struck me as they are BIG and I mean big.

I say this in a complimentary and not in a derogatory way (aperture is king and all that)

I did get a chance to use them in a terrestrial viewing session today and was very pleased with the views I got. Sharp and contrasty views.

If I get a chance to use them in anger before Kielder I will post a first light report if not then you will just have to wait.

Once again I must thank Steve for a great deal and for some first rate service but in saying that it’s no more than I have come to expect from FLO.

Archived