Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wide field Eagle Nebula w/Mak-newt

jsigone

Was a bit frustrating last night. The Canon EOS software crashed right after focusing, was forced to used Nebulosity2 for camera control then saved everything it as FITS. Workflow was pita because of it and has to use DSS for stacking and got those nice sand paper grains back Even stacking in Nebs2 I got some grain. I can't use Dark Library to match the dark temps. Its a shame to have all that noise and getting some decent data. The CR2 flats doesn't miggle well with FITS files so this is without flats applied.

This was also first time I tried an image with 8 min subs, did pretty well tossing only 3 frames. Thanks for looking:headbang:

Hardware:

Scientific Explorer 152mm Mak-Newt F4.8

Celestron ASGT5 mount

Canon XS (self mod) with Astronomiks CLS-CCD clip in

50mm Autoguider/SSAG

Settings:

120mins of data

ISO 1600, 15x 8min lights, 10 darks & 0 flats

Software:

Nebulosity 2, CS4, Fitworks, DSS

5858795928_dfa6e6fba7_z.jpg

M16 Eagle 15x8min no flats by jsigone, on Flickr

hummm I'll be updating the neb2 software then. I didn't want to make the switch until it was all stable from what I read on the mail group few month ago. But I think those problems were related to the newer cameras they were trying to add. Some others were also mentioning Backyard EOS, but my dad doesn't seem to like it other then the focusing guide. I might do the eval and try it for myself.

Software:

Nebulosity 2, CS4, Fitworks, DSS

Hi, great pic. I've not heard of Fitworks and when I Google I get fitness companies ;) - what does it do?

Fitsworks does almost everything but stacking and free. Bad part is that all tuts are not in English so you have to spend some time doing trial and error. I mainly use the software for gradient removal (background flattening) and splitting the color into the BW channels and reassemble them in Photoshop. Its a pretty strong processing SW.

Fitswork - Bildverarbeitung für Astrofotografien - Download

I've taken some FITS flats and processed them in, neither DSS or Neb2 really likes them. DSS starts bending the image and get yellow borders. The Nebs2 version I don't really like because of the grain stands out. I really need to add some more darks, maybe colder then what was added to the stack.

Archived