SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Fugi finepix for astro imaging ?

I have a Fugi finepix and I was wondering if there is a setup I can use to take photos through my EP.

Although the lens is not removable it does have a super macro setting of about 5mm.

If I rig the camera up to take pics of the image in the EP how do I stop stray light getting in.

There is a thread in the front of the lens so could I remove the EP and use a T ring plus EP adapter ect.and still get it to focus.

Any thoughts advice would be appreciated.

thank you

graham

Hi Graham,

I don't know exactly what model of camera you have, but it could potentially be used for lunar and planetary imaging in its webcam mode. However, I see you have an SPC-900, I can't see the Fuji being any better...?

The brackets do work but are a fiddle. Make sure that you leave clearance for the lens to come out when you switch on. I have a camera which momentarily extends the lens when you do this and I need to leave room for this behind the EP. I haven't used it in years though.

Since the Finepix won't do deep sky and the webcam will give vastly better results on the solar system, that would be my choice also.

Olly

Archived