Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Filter Wheels vs Drawer

Coco

I'm making an EOS Lens / ATIK 383 setup where I can use my much loved 100-300 Sigma f/4 lens. at the moment I'm struggling with getting closer than 45.98 mm, what I need is 44mm for infinity focus.

My ATIK MK1 filter wheel is a nice slim 18.86mm thick, am toying with getting in the machine shop for a grind down or if someone knows of a thinner manual wheel please let me know.

So far Ive got.

[ATIK 383 17mm ccd to nose] + [ modified male/male adapter 1.12mm ] + [ ATIK filter wheel 18.86mm ] + [Home made EOS / T2 9mm ] Total 45.98mm :)

I need 44!! :)

Its looking like a 14mm filter drawer from TS Germany.. I'd really like a filter wheel for obvious reasons. B)

Any heads up will be gratefully received..

I am in the same boat as you with my SXVF-H9/Atik EFW1(19.0mm) and Canon lenses. Sadly, I cannot get to the right point because the contacts on the Canon lenses would have to be inside the filter wheel where they would foul the filters! I could grind the contacts off but then would you grind the contacts off an L series Canon lens? No, neither would I!!

I am in the same boat as you with my SXVF-H9/Atik EFW1(19.0mm) and Canon lenses. Sadly, I cannot get to the right point because the contacts on the Canon lenses would have to be inside the filter wheel where they would foul the filters! I could grind the contacts off but then would you grind the contacts off an L series Canon lens? No, neither would I!!

Whats the nose to CCD face length Steve? The 314 ATIK is a nice 11mm ... leaving plenty to play with..

I have made a good working adapter here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/105933-ef-atik-filter-wheel-conversion-part1.html

I'm thinking about getting a second hand filter wheel and directly attaching the EOS female side from an old macro tube, you can detach the electronic pick-ups and put them to one side... :)

Should be well within 44 mm..

Archived