Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

For CC and Other Nikon Users

magician

An interesting take on the D50 I must say. I got the impression that he likes both of his.

Oddly enough I've been scouring t'internet for D50 gadgets and I came across this little gem. http://www.store.shoestringastronomy.com/images/dsusbir1.jpg

It allows automated timed long exposure shots using an IR transmitter linked to the computer by USB. This could make multiple subs much more user friendly as the timing will be accurate between subs and I can image whilst not being there. This last point, whilst appearing a little flippant, means that I'm not tramping about wobbling the mount (though it doesn't seem to move even a tiny bit) or shining lights near the 'scope to see what I'm going to play with next. The best bit is that it won't (hopefully) lose count or lose track of if the shutter is open or closed. Ordered one today along with a 2" nosepiece so I can have a play at widefield stuff with the ED80.

Thanks for the link Frank, and don't go near those river banks without washing your hands (The Lyme / Viels disease thing).

Captain Chaos

Archived